good just got exciting! Using technology to create the world’s No.1 healthier snack brand, graze continues to grow and offer new ways for our consumers to snack, from subscription, to retail and our online shop. We combine a love of food with a pioneering use of technology and product innovation to create delicious snacks with healthy benefits. We’ve come a long way since we shipped our first nibble box becoming one of the fastest growing companies in the UK with our entry into the US market viewed the most successful launch in history for a UK brand.
The role...Senior Front End Developer...
You’ll be working closely with a team of full stack developers and our digital product team, who all care about designing delightful customer experiences. This role is about being active in design debates, and translating those designs into elegant and performant frontend code that engages our customers.
We currently work on three web applications, so we believe in building lightweight and reusable frontend components that make development more enjoyable and provide a clear, consistent experience for our users.
This role would suit an experienced frontend developer who’s looking for the opportunity to have significant influence over the direction of the frontend for multiple customer experiences.
What we are looking for in you…
- You’ll have a mobile and performance first attitude to frontend development and be motivated by building high quality customer experiences that are effective across many devices and platforms.
- You’ll be problem rather than solution led and favour consistency over proliferation.
- A passion for and deep knowledge of the web and frontend technologies.
- A motivated self-learner who’s always looking to better themselves.
- Informed and opinionated voice in debates, while keen to understand and explore other viewpoints and suggestions
- Loves solving difficult problems, and exploring creative solutions
- Fundamental understanding of and significant experience with CSS, preprocessors such as Less, and conventions such as BEM.
- Track record of consistently delivering high-quality and high-performance web and mobile experiences.
- Experience with full stack development, whilst not part of the role, a good understanding of the stack is certainly beneficial.
- Experience mentoring other developers.
- (Ideal) Experience developing and managing open source frontend projects.
- (Ideal) Experience with on-site customer behaviour tracking.
What we will expect in first 6 months…
- To have effectively designed and delivered some great customer experiences.
- Formed good working relationships with all the people key to your role.
- Established a vision/direction for graze's frontend, to improve consistency, create standards and best practices and consolidate our technology choices.
- Taken ownership of our front end framework and pattern library, Pistachio.
We currently have 3 digital products, a bespoke subscription platform built with PHP / Twig / Pistachio, an e-commerce website built with Magento 2 also using Pistachio, and a static blog generated using Ruby and backed by Contentful, also using Pistachio. Your work will span all 3 of these products and Pistachio.
We also use git, Docker, AWS, Buildkite/Travis for CI, LESS, NPM, CommonJS, Require, Vue and Knockout for our frontend development.
What’s in it for you?...
- A competitive salary, 25 days holiday a year, BUPA private medical insurance, pension scheme, all set in an amazing office on the banks for the River Thames in Richmond. We love our team breakfasts and evening drinks on Friday and there are plenty of free snacks!
- Time and support in attending relevant meetups and conferences.
- Hacker Time, one day per month dedicated to hacking away (no distractions!) on whatever you’d like, learning a new language, trying out some new tech, open sourcing some code.
- Plenty of opportunity for presenting on technical subjects, in learning and conference-style environments both internally and externally.
- Be surrounded by smart, talented people who are also great to hang out with.
Read some of our frontend blog posts…
Pistachio: our new frontend framework
Pistachio: from style guide to front end framework
You’ve got to have standards
Using a flexbox grid to solve common website layout issues