Good just got exciting! Using technology to create the world’s No.1 healthier snack brand, graze continues to grow and offer new ways for our consumers to snack. We combine a love of food with a pioneering use of technology and product innovation to create delicious snacks with healthy benefits. We’ve come a long way since we shipped our first nibble box becoming one of the fastest growing companies in the UK with our recent entry into the US market viewed the most successful launch in history for a UK brand.
The role... Packaging Buying Executive
As Procurement Buying Executive, your main responsibility will be to achieve the delivery and availability of materials in full and on time to enable the procurement department to achieve set targets. This role also supports the procurement team with all tasks to ensure accurate data, efficient working and robust information is presented to the wider business. The aim of this role is to attain a strong performing supplier base which achieves and where possible exceeds against business expectations, delivering procurement and operational success whilst ensuring no adverse effects to budget.
What you’ll be responsible for...
- Maintaining department systems with accurate information to enable optimum department performance.
- Evaluating packaging stock requirements from the MRP system, placing orders and maintaining inventory accuracy.
- Influencing suppliers to meet our requirements in terms of delivery time, conformance and quality standards.
- Weekly manipulation of sales forecasts to assist in the creation of print runs with suppliers.
- Management of inventory and buffer stocks at suppliers of both base materials and finished goods.
- Measuring, monitoring and reporting on supplier performances against agreed KPIs.
- Booking in deliveries, monitoring stock arrivals and amending and pursuing material requirements where necessary.
- Managing the communication, collection and recording of rejected materials.
- Authorising invoice payment, flagging variances and pursuing credits.
- Creating, developing and maintaining documents in the business to ensure optimal department efficiency.
- Developing current systems and procedures where appropriate to deliver enhanced control and performance.
- Covering the ingredient procurement assistant role and other ad hoc duties when required.
What we’re looking for in you...
- A background within an FMCG business would be advantageous.
- It would be great if you've seen an MRP system as well as had exposure to purchase ledger but not essential!
- Ability to positively influence multiple stakeholders.
Key personal attributes and skills include...
- Organised, self-reliant, with great time management.
- Have strong analytical skills.
- Confident in working across the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel.
- Good reporting discipline with attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Determined, open minded and energetic team worker.
- Proactive self-starter with an adaptable approach.
- Good financial & commercial acumen.
What’s in it for you?...
- graze is a young company, moving into new commercial areas including Retail, Online and new geographies, so you’ll be joining a progressive and expanding company which offers learning and opportunity for you to grow.
- There’s some seriously smart, agile, informed, helpful, modest, funny and dedicated people in the business!
- You’d be part of a culture that revolves around us doing a great job by being helpful, open, inclusive, pioneering, commercial aware, persistent and honest.
- We encourage active learning with access for all employees to our studio sessions, job specific learning and networking opportunities.