good just got exciting! Using technology to create the world’s No.1 healthier snack brand, graze continues to grow and offer new ways for our consumers to snack, from subscription, to retail and our online shop. We combine a love of food with a pioneering use of technology and product innovation to create delicious snacks with healthy benefits. We’ve come a long way since we shipped our first nibble box becoming one of the fastest growing companies in the UK with our entry into the US market viewed the most successful launch in history for a UK brand.
The role - US Senior Retail Brand & Insight Manager...
You will own consumer and competitor insight, product and pack innovation and strong launch execution to drive graze sales in US Retail.
What you’ll be responsible for...
- As our Senior Brand & Insight Manager you'll build and maintain current knowledge and insight into trends, competitors and consumer needs to inform our retail innovation plans
- Own proposition development for new products and packaging innovation for US retail, from concept to product development, and work with Group Retail Brand Director to develop a 2-3 year pipeline of innovation that maximizes graze’s potential within each retail channel.
- Own project management and launch execution for NPD projects into US retail, collaborating with the Group Product Development, Group Innovation, Design and local US Retail teams to create packaging, launch assets and project plans in line with retailer timelines.
- Manage the graze retail portfolio by tracking performance of existing and new products and recommending renovation and optimisation where needed to drive rate of sale and ensure an optimal range architecture
- Launch activation to drive trial of NPD in retail channels
What we are looking for in you...
You'll need to display solid brand development & marketing experience, ideally combining solid experience in a top-tier food FMCG company with experience in launching and growing smaller start-up brands in the US. You’ll have a proven track record of managing complex projects and influencing internal and external stakeholders. You have the passion and enthusiasm to get stuck into projects to deliver great business results. You should have a natural curiosity and consumer focus, with a keen eye for emerging trends. You need to be independent and resilient to work in a busy and complex environment, and have the confidence and maturity to engage and influence senior stakeholders. As part of a small team, you will be expected to have a hands-on mentality and willing to work on all things big and small.
The competencies and ideal experiences are below...
- College degree
- Have a solid track record in a brand management role in the US within a packaged consumer goods company, with ideally some experience launching smaller brands in an entrepreneurial way and even better, experience of working in the snacking / healthy food sector
- Specific experience and track record of developing and activating new product and pack innovation for retail channel
- Ability to recommend insights approaches and interpret qualitative and quantitative data in addition to a great feel for trends
- Excellent project management skills with an eye for detail and high standards of execution
- Experience in working with creative agencies and translating new launch concepts into high quality briefs
- Maturity and confidence to think and act independently, take initiative on new projects and work without close supervision.
- Natural collaborator, working well with different teams, clear communication and strong influencing skills including across locations / geographies to get stuff done
- Proactive, passionate about food and health, high energy and resilient, with a natural curiosity
What we will expect in first 6 months...
- Build consumer, shopper, competitor and market insight and feed trends into the organisation to drive innovation and category strategy
- Deliver product propositions, packaging and innovation with US retail in collaboration with teams based in the UK
- Evaluate performance of current range and build a longer-term vision, range architecture and innovation pipeline specific for US retail
- Deliver brand activation plans to drive awareness, trial and re-purchase of graze in US retail
- Build excellent relationships with the US retail sales team and group brand, product development and design teams based in the UK
What’s in it for you?...
- graze is a young company, moving into new commercial areas including Retail, Online and new geographies, so you’ll be joining a progressive and expanding company which offers learning and opportunity for you to grow.
- The opportunity to truly shape the US retail brand proposition, portfolio and longer term plans
- There’s some seriously smart, agile, informed, helpful, modest, funny and dedicated people in the business!
- You’d be part of a culture that revolves around us doing a great job by being helpful, open, inclusive, pioneering, commercially aware, persistent and honest.
- We encourage active learning with access for all employees to our studio sessions, job specific learning and networking opportunities.