Good just got exciting! Using technology to create the world’s No.1 healthier snack brand, graze continues to grow and offer new ways for our consumers to snack. We combine a love of food with a pioneering use of technology and product innovation to create delicious snacks with healthy benefits. We’ve come a long way since we shipped our first nibble box becoming one of the fastest growing companies in the UK with our recent entry into the US market viewed the most successful launch in history for a UK brand.
The role... Packaging Buyer Manager
We are looking for an experienced and proactive packaging buyer to procure and develop our packaging supply base and to manage the packaging team. A major part of the role will be in the identification and delivery of opportunities in terms of cost optimisation, whilst improving quality, innovation visibility, service standards and mitigating supply risk. Buying responsibility incorporates packaging SKU’s across all geographies and revenue streams.
Our retail range and brand continues to benefit from extensive range diversification and innovation. Business objectives are wide-ranging, so it is vital we have a highly knowledgeable and performing packaging team to succeed against our growth and innovation objectives.
What you’ll be responsible for...
- Manage the end to end supply of packaging into the business to meet demand requirements.
- Line management of the Packaging Manager & Procurement Assistant.
- Source and select supply base partners to meet department and business objectives.
- Forecast and source packaging to time, budget and quality parameters.
- Negotiation of supply agreements and contracts.
- Manage and maintain contract and price agreement forward cover.
- Lead and support in the launch of business innovation projects within agreed timescales & cost parameters.
- Analysing key sector metrics to understand trends, translating them into continuous buying improvements.
- Packaging category and sector analysis to identify opportunities and to mitigate commercial and technical risks.
- Identifying cost saving initiatives and leading material and design re-engineering opportunities.
- Gathering and analysing market data, reporting on findings to support category management & procurement.
- Cover the Packaging Manager position and support the team whenever necessary.
- Monitoring and reporting monthly supplier performance against agreed KPIs.
What we’re looking for in you?...
- Experienced, successful and knowledgeable packaging buyer or category manager within the FMCG environment.
- Strong negotiation capability with exposure to forecasting, contract & stock management and innovation.
- An ability to research, source and select supply partners and progress to negotiate future supply of materials.
- Experience managing personnel and multiple projects simultaneously.
- Be accustomed to working with and meeting tight, time critical deadlines.
- Display personal behaviours such as being resilient, commercial, helpful, curious and pioneering.
- Demonstrate an understanding of rigid & flexible plastics, carton board and corrugate materials.
Key personal attributes and skills include...
- Highly numerate and commercially focused negotiator.
- Highly motivated with excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Excellent project management skills supported by strong problem solving abilities.
- Good reporting discipline with attention to detail.
- Organised, self-reliant, with great time management.
- Experience & understanding of MRP & ERP systems, supporting future development for department needs.
- Comfortable working across the Microsoft Office suite with strong presentation skills.
What we will expect in first 6 months...
- Achieve success in the control & delivery of day to day tasks on time & to the high standard expectations we have.
- Attain financial year department and business objectives across all relating responsibilities.
- To be proactive to identify, propose and resolve supply chain, technical and operational packaging issues.
- To show a real enthusiasm for tackling and solving business challenges, whether project based or problem solving/troubleshooting.
- Bring efficiencies to the packaging category.
What’s in it for you?
- You'll be working on innovative projects supporting the growth of business through new propositions and channels.
- graze is a young company, moving into new commercial areas including Retail, Online and new geographies, so you’ll be joining a progressive and expanding company which offers learning and opportunity for you to grow.
- There are some seriously smart, agile, informed, helpful, modest, funny and dedicated people in the business!
- You’d be part of a culture that revolves around us doing a great job by being helpful, open, inclusive, pioneering, commercially aware, persistent and honest.
- We encourage active learning with access for all employees to our studio sessions, job specific learning and networking opportunities.