Good just got exciting! Using technology to create the world’s No.1 healthier snack brand, graze continues to grow and offer new ways for our consumers to snack through eCommerce, subscription and retail. We combine a love of food with a pioneering use of technology and product innovation to create delicious snacks with healthy benefits. We have come a long way since we shipped our first nibble box, becoming one of the fastest growing companies in the UK and with our recent entry into the US market viewed as the most successful launch in history for a UK brand.
The role, Full Stack Developer
Play a defining role in the graze customer experience. If you are driven by new challenges, thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and are looking for a role that will give you exposure to a great mix of back-end and front-end development then we would love to hear from you!
What we're looking for in you…
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or a related field or relevant work experience.
- A demonstrable interest in technology whether through your own projects, work experience, or hackathons.
- A good eye for detail, design and usability.
- The ability to quickly learn and adapt with fast problem solving capabilities.
- A desire to grow and learn.
Knowledge of, or a keen interest in, one or more of the following:
- Back end: OOP, PHP and relational databases.
- Basic Linux command line tools, version control.
- Software design patterns.
- Software testing.
What you'll be working on…
- Developing scalable web applications in PHP or GoLang.
- Integrating with existing code libraries, databases, caches, message queues.
- Working closely with our UX team to enhance our front end pattern library, Pistachio.
Our technology stack...
We currently have 3 digital products, a bespoke subscription platform built with PHP, an e-commerce website built with Magento 2, and a static blog generated using Ruby and backed by Contentful. These are powered by a number of microservices written primarily in PHP and GoLang.
We also use git, Docker, AWS, Buildkite/Travis for CI, LESS, NPM, CommonJS, Require, Vue and Knockout for our frontend development.
What we expect of you in your first 6 months…
- As a Full Stack Developer we want you to have a good understanding of our digital products and to have made valuable contributions to them.
- Formed good working relationships with all the people key to your role.
- Shown that you are being proactive and helping to improve graze’s systems.
- Engaged in our agile process, working effectively in our cross-functional teams.
What’s in it for you?...
- A competitive salary, 25 days holiday a year, BUPA private medical insurance, pension scheme, all set in an amazing office on the banks for the River Thames in Richmond.
- We love our team breakfasts and evening drinks on Friday and there are plenty of free snacks!
- Time and support in attending relevant meetups and conferences as well as job specific learning.
- Hacker Time, one day per month dedicated to hacking away (no distractions!) on whatever you’d like, learning a new language, trying out some new tech, open sourcing some code.
- Plenty of opportunity for presenting on technical subjects, in learning and conference-style environments both internally and externally.
- An opportunity to join a great team, learn and grow your skills with mentoring from some smart, talented people who are also great to hang out with.
- Be part of a culture that revolves around doing a great job by being helpful, open, inclusive, pioneering, commercially aware, persistent and honest.