Here at graze we’re on a never-ending hunt for tastier, crunchier, fresher, better snacking. Why? Because we want to help people enjoy healthy living every day. We think snacks made with seriously tasty, wholesome ingredients and lots of imagination is a good place to start.
After all, it’s what’s helped us become one of the market leaders. Now part of the Unilever family, we remain true to our nimble, tech-led beginnings to find ways to grow our multi-channel brand within the healthy snacking market.
We’re a bunch of like-minded people but we’re not all the same. We’re a diverse lot with different experiences and backgrounds but, like our snacks, we combine to make something wonderful. You can be yourself, feel like you belong, as you’d like to belong.
the role, Supplier Quality Assurance Technologist...
As the Supplier Quality Assurance Technologist at graze you will have full accountability for suppliers (ingredients and packaging) used at graze.
This includes supplier approval management and becoming the raw material graze expert, guaranteeing the safety, quality and integrity of the raw materials received on site.
This role has 4 direct reports which include the teams responsible for raw material intake checks, supplier approval, specification management and complaint investigations.
What you’ll be responsible for...
- Fully accountable for graze supplier quality assurance database and site procedures. Managing the sites risk-based supplier review system and completing site audits as required.
- To lead raw material quality improvement projects and drive product quality assurance as a culture in the team.
- To complete ingredient horizon scanning on a monthly basis, keeping up to date with food legislation and emerging risks.
- Responsible for rolling out graze Supplier Code of Conduct and implementing 2020 improvement plans.
- To deal with supplier issues directly, completing site visits and process audits where necessary to facilitate effective root cause analysis and corrective action implementation.
- Responsible for supplier quality assurance KPI’s including weekly and monthly performance trending.
- To provide technical input to the process team to ensure all new products are safe, legal and can be produced to high quality standards.
- To oversee the investigation and closure of all customer complaints.
what we’re looking for in you...
- Ideally hold a degree in Food Science or equivalent
- Familiar with food legislation
- Intermediate excel skills
- Hopefully good knowledge of VACCP!
- Someone who is proactive and assertive
- A driven individual with a can-do attitude who can motivate a team
- High level of attention to detail with a consistent logic-based approach
- Great communication skills when working with suppliers
- Always looking for the next big thing and how we can be better.
what’s in it for you?...
- Imagine being part of a company that always looks for growth areas in retail, online and even new geographies. You’ll pick up new skills and experiences, broadening your knowledge and capabilities to push you to the next level.
- At the risk of blowing our own trumpet, there’s some seriously smart, informed, helpful, modest, funny and dedicated people at graze HQ!
- You’d be part of a culture that revolves around each of us doing a great job by being helpful, open, inclusive, pioneering, commercially aware, persistent and honest. And we wouldn’t have it any other way. Bring yourself to work!
- Great team socials! Quarterly events, Friday drinks and much more.