good just got exciting! Using technology to create the world’s No.1 healthier snack brand, graze continues to grow and offer new ways for our consumers to snack, from subscription, to retail and our online shop. We combine a love of food with a pioneering use of technology and product innovation to create delicious snacks with healthy benefits. We’ve come a long way since we shipped our first nibble box becoming one of the fastest growing companies in the UK with our entry into the US market viewed the most successful launch in history for a UK brand.
The role...Assistant Management Accountant - Retail
The Assistant Management Accountant will act as the primary link to the UK Retail team, managing the sales invoicing and debtor routine, financial reporting and finance systems. The role will also be responsible for invoicing and cash collection for the UK Retail business. At key times, such as month end, there will also be a requirement to help the wider finance team with the preparation of the management accounts. The role will also include possibilities to bring insights to support the growth of UK & US Retail.
What you’ll be responsible for...
- Sales invoicing
- Weekly aged debtor reporting – ‘the chase’
- Daily reporting of sales vs budget and forecast
- Sales promotion accrual management
- Bank reconciliation
- Month end management account preparation and journal entries
- Retail forecasting support
- Ad hoc analysis to facilitate retail growth
- Ownership of finance systems such as EDI (electronic data interchange)
What we are looking for in you?...
- Desire to develop a long-term career in finance
- Likely you'll have a couple of years of financial work in a core role (e.g. accounts assistant, sales / purchase ledger)
- Strong academics and/or close to AAT qualified or have recently started CIMA/ACCA.
- Desire to complete your professional qualification over the next 2/3 years
- Highly numerate & competent in Excel
- Experience using Sage, SAP or Access Dimensions
- Energetic, proactive, highly motivated individual
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and muck in when required
What we will expect in your first 6 months?...
- You'll be managing Sales invoicing and providing daily Sales reporting
- Management of Access Dimensions and EDI supplier portal
- Own the weekly aged debtor routine
- Actively working with National Account Managers (NAMs) to get promotion invoices approved – in advance and arrears
- Sales accrual management
- Support for Month end journal preparation and posting
What’s in it for you?...
- Support to complete your finance qualification
- graze is a young company, having recently moved into new areas & geographies
- you’ll be joining a progressive and expanding company which offers learning and opportunity for you to grow.
- There’s some seriously smart, agile, informed, helpful, modest, funny and dedicated people in the business!
- You’d be part of a culture that revolves around us doing a great job by being helpful, open, inclusive, pioneering, commercially aware, persistent and honest.
- We encourage active learning with access for all employees to our studio sessions, job specific learning and networking opportunities.