The way we see it, we’re all about two things - seriously tasty, wholesome ingredients, and imagination. Why? Because together, they’ve helped us create over 1000 (and counting) ingenious snacks for hungry grazers. We’re a nimble, tech-led multi-channel retailer on a mission to disrupt the healthy snacking market. We’re on a never-ending hunt for healthier, juicier, crunchier, tastier, fresher, bigger, better! Which basically means, as one of the fastest growing companies in the UK, we’re always refreshing, rethinking and reinventing.
We’re a bunch of like-minded people but we’re not all the same. We have different experiences, backgrounds and ways of working but we combine well to make it come together.
We’re looking for someone to take on a newly created role of Health, Safety and Environmental Manager based at Hayes with responsibility for these areas across our 2 factory sites and head office. This role will be responsible for overseeing and developing all site activities relating to the Health and Safety and Environmental impacts of our operations. This person will ensure that policies and procedures are developed, improvement targets set and then met or exceeded and will work on driving continuous improvement across these areas across the business.
Within this role, there will be lots of things you’ll be involved in and contribute to but the key areas of this role that will require demonstrable experience are Health and Safety Leadership and Environmental Impact Management.
what you’ll be responsible for
Health & Safety Management
- Advise on Health and Safety issues and ensure compliance to Health and Safety legislation.
- Create and support an environment that embraces Health & Safety values and drives performance.
- Implement Health & Safety strategies that align with group initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus for everyone on our sites.
- Monitor and audit Health & Safety compliance across all sites.
- Identify hazards and carry out risk assessments ensuring any corrective actions are completed.
- Ensure necessary internal and external assessments are completed on schedule (PUWER, COSHH, LOLER, RIDDOR etc.)
- Develop and deliver training sessions to create a site culture where Health and Safety remains top priority.
- Spearhead the Health and Safety Culture across our business and provide clear and open communication to all on this topic.
Environmental Impact Management
- Advise on environmental issues and ensure compliance to all relevant environmental legislation.
- Develop and implement environmental strategies and action plans that ensure sustainable business development.
- Develop and manage our Environmental Monitoring System (EMS)
- Set annual EMS targets, monitor and report compliance to these effectively
- Take a leading role on the environmental pillar of our B-Corp improvement plan, working collaboratively across functions and sites to ensure we reach our goal of certification and lead ongoing improvement activities
- Lead continuous improvement programme around manufacturing waste reduction and increasing the proportion of waste that we can recycle or send for reuse.
- Coordinate all aspects of pollution control, waste management, water effluent quality, recycling, environmental health and renewable energy use.
- Carry out impact assessments to identify, assess and reduce our environmental risks and associated financial costs.
- Develop and deliver training sessions for staff at all levels in environmental issues and responsibilities.
- Promote and raise awareness of the impact of emerging environmental issues, whether legislative or best practice, on corporate, ethical and social responsibility.
what we’re looking for in you
- Proven experience in a Health, Safety and Environment role in a medium to large size business, food manufacturing experience would be an advantage.
- An IOSH or NEBOSH qualification.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- A degree or higher education qualification in environmental management would be an advantage.
- Demonstrable knowledge of business health & safety and environmental management principles.
- Full understanding of industry legislation and demonstrable knowledge of applying this to a working environment.
- An ability to create accountability, work cross functionally and to lead by example.
- Strong decision making and influencing skills.
what’s in it for you?
graze is a young company, moving into new commercial areas including Retail, Online and new geographies, so you’ll be joining a progressive and expanding company which offers learning and opportunity for you to grow.
There’s some seriously smart, agile, informed, helpful, modest, funny and dedicated people in the business!
You’d be part of a culture that revolves around us doing a great job by being helpful, open, inclusive, pioneering, commercially aware, persistent and honest.
We encourage active learning with access for all employees to our studio sessions, job specific learning and networking opportunities.